Sunday, March 9

Thank You for the Bracelet and the Reminder

Dear Tween Girls at Dusk,

1. What do you think you are doing, ringing doorbells of strangers and giving out bracelets? I am scared for you; my heart is in my mouth. There is no TELLING what kind of crazies hang out behind suburban doors!

That said: 

2. Thank you so much for the Rainbow Loom bracelet! Blue and green really ARE my favorite colors. I put it on and called my mom right away after you left, because I think you are an example to me. You touched my heart.

When I was about your age, Granny Goo had cause to say to me, "If you're bored, you're BORING! This world is too big and too good for you to go around saying that you are bored." Rather than succumb to tween boredom, you chose to create. You chose to give... for free. It does not benefit you in any way to give to strangers, but you did.

Thank you for the example. I often need to be reminded to consciously bring beauty into the world, to create. I need to remember to give without thought of reward. I need to remember that "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." ~Max Ehrmann

With Gratitude,

A Formerly Bored Tween

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog